Background

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Memory Blankets & Pillows

When my daughter was born, there were several of her new born outfits that I was IN LOVE with!  They were so tiny and cute, and I never wanted her to grow out of them....but of course she did.  So I thought to myself, what can I do to keep my favorites, other than put them in a box in the attic and never look at them agian?  Then it came to me.....MAKE A BLANKET!  So that's what I did.  I wanted the blanket to be something my daughter could have that would be special, so I also added material from my wedding dress....afterall it was just sitting in the closet too, untouched after my wedding.



Another idea is to honor a loved one thru the sacrifices they make.  The blanket below was for the baby of a Police Officer.  The blanket was made with patches from the uniforms of the officer for his newborn son. 


These little pillows are perfect for anywhere, the couch or the car!  They can be made in different sizes and materials for any theme/color you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment